Occasionally we hear that our Spotter Mini acorn nuts are difficult to start and tighten due to the small space between the boot and the rubber switch guard.
First – we acknowledge it is tight! However, once on they are locked in place – and they will not back off over time or by the unconscious fiddling of idle hands.
Attached is a video that demonstrates a technique that makes Spotter Mini acorn nut installation easy and straight forward.
Please note the following as you watch:
- This technique can be used anytime the acorn nut needs to be removed – when swapping out complete contact block assemblies and/or nameplates.
- We demonstrate on a bench, but this technique works when the pendant is hanging too. However, we think you will agree it is always easier to use a short step up ladder with a work area to lay the pendant flat for maintenance.
- The nut driver in the video is 5/16” – the smaller the outside diameter the better. Duck Bill pliers work for final tightening too.
- Yes the boot of the operator is very close so take care to come in from the side with the nut driver and not capture the boot; or as mentioned above – use the duck bills to do the final turn to tighten.
- The purple gloves are optional.